Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Import CDs?
Import CDs is a worldwide one-stop CD music, DVD movie, Blu-ray and Vinyl retailer that stocks (in-house) the largest number of titles in the world. As our name suggests, we specialize in imports and offer the best selection anywhere.
Why Shop At Import CDs?
Unlike most other sites, we stock all our product in our own warehouse. We do not rely on anyone else to get your instock order out the door. Single item orders are picked, processed and packaged in a matter of hours, not days. Multiple-item orders are hand-packed and usually out the door in a day or so.
We source brand new, genuine music CDs from all across the globe. We feature the world's most extensive selection of Music titles in CD, SACD and Vinyl LP formats. Our Import CDs often have different track listings than their domestic US counterparts.
The majority of our DVDs are Region 1 / NTSC DVDs. This means that the DVDs are only able to play on DVD players made within the United States and Canada. We also stock some specialty DVDs that may be another Region than Region 1 and in PAL format, to play these DVDs you will need a compatible DVD player. For more information on DVDs, HD DVDs and Blu Ray, there's a great DVD FAQ compiled by the people at the usenet group rec.video.dvd. It's updated frequently and covers almost everything there is to know about the DVD format. It is found at: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
Our sophisticated warehouse utilizes the latest technological innovations to help ensure your order is out the door within 24 hours. Near-perfect accuracy is guaranteed by our computerized picking lists, handheld barcode scanners and barcode driven sorting machines. Our team of highly motivated employees watch over the entire process every step of the way.
We reserve the right to cancel any order at our sole discretion.
Our Shopping Cart page will automatically calculate shipping charges based on location. You may change the location using the drop-down list of countries found near the bottom of the Shopping Cart screen.
||$1.00/lb (over 1lb)
||$2.00/lb (over 1lb)
||$5.00/lb (over 1lb)
||$2.00/lb (over 1lb)
||$2.00/lb (over 1lb)
- USA Orders
- Are shipped via US Postal Service First Class mail and will be delivered by your local mail carrier. We use DHL/Global Mail to expedite your package and speed delivery times. This means that your package is flown to the nearest USPS hub and injected into the US Postal Stream as close to your final destination as possible.
- * Some larger orders may be shipped via UPS/FedEx at our discretion.
- Non-USA, International Orders
- Are shipped via Expedited airmail in conjunction with DHL/Global Mail and your local postal service. Your package is delivered by your regular postal worker. DHL/Global Mail helps us expedite delivery by flying your package closer to your destination before injecting the mail into the postal stream.
- * Some larger orders may be shipped via FedEx or DHL at our discretion.
- Please be prepared to pay the Customs Duty your country charges. We are not and cannot be responsible for what your country charges. We do not declare packages at less than paid value and we do not make special accommodations such as opening your package and only shipping discs.
International Shipping Countries
- What Countries?
- The following countries are currently available for shipment of goods: American Samoa, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Island, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.).
- My Country is not listed
- While this list will grow in the future, we are currently only doing business with the above locations and will no longer ship to other non-listed countries.
Returning an Item
- Your satisfaction guaranteed!
- If you have received damaged, defective, or incorrectly shipped merchandise please notify Customer Service within 30 days and follow the Returns Procedures below for a full refund and/or to request a replacement order.
- If you simply changed your mind, please notify Customer Service within 30 days and refer to the Returns Procedures below. Please keep in mind that in this case we’ll only accept returns of unopened merchandise in perfect resalable condition. Original shipping and handling charges cannot be refunded, and you will be responsible for all costs associated with the return shipment.
- Important Information
- All returns must be approved by Customer Service. Once validated, a Return Authorization Number (RA#) is issued. All returns must display the Return Authorization number on the outside of each box, along with the customer's return address. Returns received at our facility without an authorization will be refused on delivery.
- Returns Procedures
- Please follow the simple steps below to ensure a fast and accurate processing of your return and credit or re-shipment:
1. Contact Customer Service
- You must contact Customer Service to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#). Returns cannot be accepted without this number. You may email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in your e-mail:
- Your order confirmation number
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Item UPC# (barcode)
- Product Name
- Reason for return
- 2. Pack and Send
- Fill out the return label (provided on the back of your invoice), including your RA#. Returns cannot be accepted without an RA#.
- Enclose merchandise and this completed form in a sturdy package (the original package is preferred).
- Enclose the original packing slip/invoice in the package.
- Affix the return label to the outside of the package and send to the following address:
300 Omicron Ct.
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
- Accepted Forms of Payment
- Not Accepted
- We regret to inform you that we do NOT accept payment by mail in any form.
- Credit Card Charge
- Your Credit Card will only be charged for items that have shipped.
- PayPal payments require payment for the entire order amount upfront. Orders will not be processed until payment has been confirmed. If you are funding your PayPal purchase through your bank account, this can take several days. Payments funded by credit card or account balance are typically processed the same day.
- Payment Note
- Please be advised that if you are using a third party payment provider such as PayPal, your payment will be deducted from your account prior to the shipment of your order. The deduction of this amount is at the discretion of the third party and this site has no control over the policies of these providers. For any further questions, please contact the payment provider directly.
- Do You Charge Sales Tax?
- Yes to all California, Illinois, Kentucky and Florida USA orders.
- My order has nothing to do with California, Illinois, Kentucky or Florida!
- No sales tax will be applied to your order.
- How much tax will my California, Illinois, Kentucky or Florida order incur?
- Orders shipped to the states of California, Illinois, Kentucky and Florida will be charged sales tax on the order total (items + shipping & handling)
- California orders will have 8% of order total collected
- Illinois orders will have 6.25% of order total collected
- Kentucky orders will have 6% of order total collected
- Florida orders will have 6% of order total collected
We employ Customer Support agents fluent in the following languages - English, Japanese, German and French. Other languages can be translated on the web at Google Translate.
To protect your personal information ImportCDs.com uses SSL encryption, which is the Internet-approved standard in security. Any personal information you disclose is sent over our secure server. All Video Collection customer information is stored on an on-site server protected by a firewall and cannot be accessed via the internet. ImportCDs.com does utilize "cookies" to aid in recognizing repeat visitors. This information is completely anonymous, Cookies do not reveal your identity. The only personal information collected by ImportCDs.com is that which you voluntarily provide when making a purchase or requesting a catalog or newsletter.
Shopping on our site is secure.
Your credit card is safe on our site.
Your computer will display a key or lock icon at the bottom corner of the window once you are in secure mode.
We recommend that you always use the current version of browsers to make sure that our web pages display quickly, and that you have the latest security updates. If you use older browsers, you might notice that some functions and features stop working as we make upgrades to ImportCDs.com
- Recommended Browsers:
- If you have difficulties using a part of ImportCDs.com, make sure you're using the latest version of one of the recommended browsers.
- Search Tips
- Searching our store is very simple. Here are some helpful tips:
- Enter the information and our database will display all possible matches.
- Name and title do not need to be in any specific order.
- Words such as a, and, are, at, be, for, on, or, that, and the are examples of common words and are ignored during our search.
- Concerning images, or product descriptions
- We try our best to provide up-to-date images and descriptions but occasionally make errors. In most cases the only information we have available on a given title is what we have listed. If the image we show is different than the description, please let us know before you buy. We don't want you to be disappointed when you receive something other than what you thought you purchased.
- Website Technology
- Secure Shopping
- Shopping on our site is secure.
- Your credit card is safe on our site.
- Your computer will display a key or lock icon at the bottom corner of the window once you are in secure mode.
- You will also notice that http in the URL changes to https.